[Video] Social Media Guru And Freelance Author Discuss Freelancing & Writing
In this casual and spirited discussion, Toby Bloomberg (Social Media Guru) & I (Jason Montoya) share how we met and our respective journies to freelancing. We also dive into the process of writing my first book while juggling ambitions & family. We wrap up by discussing the eight achievements from Path Of The Freelancer and Toby shares her advice to potential freelancers looking to make the jump.
- From the Start: We discuss how we met at the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association & Toby's history with blogging and social media.
- ~7 Minutes: I share my history including the move from Arizona to Atlanta in 2005, how I learned internet marketing, and how I transitioned from owning a marketing company to freelancing. I also talk about the journey to write Path Of The Freelancer.
- ~17 Minutes: We discuss the structure of Path Of The Freelancer, the eight achievements of flourishing freelancers, writing a book, and how this project affected my freelancing clients. We also talked about the future of Path Of The Freelancer, how my publishing inspired Toby and her aspiration to write a book.
- ~37 Minutes: We talk deeper about the eight achievements, giving back to others, kindness, my favorite chapter, the four stages of commitment, and how to successfully read the book.
- ~51 Minutes: Toby shares her advice for freelancers.
Buy The Book
If you're interested in picking up a copy of the book, you can find it on Amazon here.
Connect with me (Jason Scott Montoya)
Connect with Toby Bloomberg
Other Referenced Resources, Organizations & People
Tags: Freelance Talk