11 Actions To Prepare For Your Launch Into Freelancing
Are you thinking of making the jump from employment to freelancing? If the answer is maybe, yes, or already done, here is a list of actions to empower you in this new journey.
- Learn what it takes to succeed as a freelance and read my article about the eight achievements of successful freelancers.
- If you're interested in further understanding the eight achievements, purchase a copy of Path Of The Freelancer on Amazon or download the first chapter for free.
- After you've got a better grasp on the achievements, explore the Achiever's library and watch, read and list to the various sources organized by achievement.
- Get engaged in a freelancing community. I've setup a Facebook group to share articles and foster dialog about freelancing and the many wins and losses we face in the journey.
- Start spreading the word about who you are and what you offer to the world by listing yourself on freelance directory here.
- Jump into the Freelancer's toolbox to explore software, companies, and online tools to help you succeed in your craft.
- Explore the blog archives to learn how you can market yourself, build a personal brand, plan for failure and ask for help.
- If you like what you've read, subscribe to the blog via email or RSS feed.
- If you're already finding success as a freelancer and want to help others, launch a mastermind freelancing group and walk others through the eight achievements.
- Subscribe to the Freelance Transformation and Being Freelance podcasts. Explore their archives and listen to new episodes weekly.
- Sign up for Harpoon (Affiliate Link) or a comparable software to send invoices and effectively manage your invoices.
Get connected, get prepared, and make freelancing happen!
Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash